Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CV boots? Cv joints? axel?!?

I recently had my cv boot changed on my 1994 Camry, I recall the mechanic saying I had tear in the boot and it was leaking grease so I needed it replaced. Now, I am not sure what all this includes when changing the boot. Last night My car suddley stop driving .. Drive sounded like neutral and park didn鈥檛 say in park. My gears werent catching each other. Also, when switching each gear it made a loud sound and park made an even worse sound. Someone said it was my cv axel? If so鈥?Then is it the mechanics fault that he didn鈥檛 do it properly or is this a totally different apart of the car.



Thanks so much!!!!!!
CV boots? Cv joints? axel?!?
you have to remove the axle anyways to replace the boot, so you might as well just replace the whole axle. thats what it sounds like a bad axle, a boot wouldnt do that.
CV boots? Cv joints? axel?!?
i had this problem too if its like a grinding noise it may be the bearing mine came form factory messed up apparently they have a problem with bearings i have had to redo mine 2 times already
If it was just done, I'd bring it back to them to have a look at it. Sounds like the axle shaft may not have been put back together correctly. (axle shafts have to be taken apart to change boots, unless the really poor boots are used)
  • shared web hosting
  • hair straightening
  •