Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I think the CV joint on my driver's side is going bad (looks a little wet), how long can i Drive on it?

I looked at my CV joints and the one on the driver's side has some kind of oil on it. How long can I drive with it being like that until itll need to be replaced? Its not making any noises or anything...yet. And how much will it cost me when i do have to have it done? Would i just need it replaced on that one side? I dont have a lot of money.



Also, i have some oil leaking from around the oil pan. Its not a lot just a few drips here and there. What could be the cause of that? Should i take it back to the last place that changed my oil and have them fix it? The oil was changed about a week and a half ago. Can i keep driving it with this leak until my next oil change since the leak is so small?



The car is a 2000 Civic Si with 95,000 miles on it
I think the CV joint on my driver's side is going bad (looks a little wet), how long can i Drive on it?
well if the cv joint is not making noise yet you most likely have a long time before you need to have that fixed ..when it starts to make a clicking noise you have anywhere from a week to 6 months or maybe longer before it breaks when it starts making noise i would get it fixed cost around $90.00 for a haft shaft (axle with both cv joints) and about one labor.. if you car did not leak oil before you took it in for the oil change you could go back and ask them to check it ...
  • hair ideas
  • cs files
  •