Thursday, September 15, 2011

My 88 ford ranger has vibration , I have changed ujoints and it still vibrates. could it be the cv joint ?

when we start out we can hear a clunck, I've checked driveline and all seems tight, execpt for cv joint seems kinda loose. is it suppose to be ?
My 88 ford ranger has vibration , I have changed ujoints and it still vibrates. could it be the cv joint ?
If you are talking about the carrier bearing - check the alignment. good luck
My 88 ford ranger has vibration , I have changed ujoints and it still vibrates. could it be the cv joint ?
Have you checked the motor mounts?
You mean the U joint? No, it's not supposed to be loose. You can rebuild it.
Dude, your truck is 20 years old ! It's time to get a new one instead of sinking money into an old one.
have you checked the tires? vibration could be cause by something as simple as a tire out of balance or worn out unevenly.



good luck