Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Noise in clutch area, ratling in the powertrain Suzuki Swift?

I'm a mecanician and a change my clucth (pressure plate, clucth disc, resurfaced the flywheel and pilot bearind and clucth bearing) on my suzuki swift 2000 last winter. Since 2 or 3 month I have some rattle in the powertrain, only when the car is cold. The rattle is on the 1 2 and thrid gear. I change cv joint and wheel bearing, and the rattle is still there. After that I think that might be the differential in the transmission. I try another transmission and the rattle is still there.



When I bolt the flywheel to the crank I remember I use my impact gun to bolt the flywheel. I don't tork the bolt with a tork wrench.



The rattle can be cause by that? It's a clicking noise and some times we can feel the noise under the car in the middle. Just where the radio is but on the floor. It's not the engine mount I check it.



What do you think of that?
Noise in clutch area, ratling in the powertrain Suzuki Swift?
Noise not in trans if you changed transmissions, has to be something else.
Noise in clutch area, ratling in the powertrain Suzuki Swift?
could be a cracked flywheel
maybe your clutch thrust bearing. Do you drive aggressively?