Thursday, September 15, 2011

If a cv boot isn't all the on the joint will that make a clicking noise when driving?

I change my wheel studs my brakes and all the sudden I hear a clickin knocking noise when I'm driving. I have no idea what it is or could be. Is something wrong with the drivehsaft? I wouldn't think so or I would be able to go. And it seem like the faster I go, the louder it get.
If a cv boot isn't all the on the joint will that make a clicking noise when driving?
check your studs are tight... it has been know that the wheels are loose!



take your car to a large carpark, wind down the windows and drive in big circles... 1st clockwise then anti-clock. if you hear a tapping sound then one of your CV joints will be on its way out (assuming it is a FWD)



You should be able to tell which side by listening. Its unusual for the inner CV to go (next to the gearbox)



the drive shaft will be OK.
If a cv boot isn't all the on the joint will that make a clicking noise when driving?
Yes it will make a clicking you have a bad cv joint you have to change it
Yes you have a bad cv joint went it make a clicking noise it is bad
It could be in the drive shaft, in the brakes or even in the power steering unit, have you checked your power steering fluid? Also check the drive boot for leaks and or tears and .. I hope this helps a little ......
the cv joints are prob bad.make noise when you turn or accelerate

? its a drive shaft componant like a drive shaft only for front wheel drive.boots prob off because its old,dirty,worn out.you can maybe check them by parking on flat ground chock your wheels,take it out of gear.grab the shaft that the boot is on and try and wiggle it.but even if you cant wiggle it it might be bad